General causes include:
- Insufficient rest periods.
- Incorrect positioning of screen / documents.
- Unsuitable lighting.
- Poorly designed work area.
- Uncorrected eyesight – short / long sightedness / astigmatism (rugby ball shaped eyes).
- Ocular muscle imbalance.
As an employer what are our responsibilities?
An employer must provide a VDU user with:
- Regular eye examinations as advised.
- Eye examinations if the user is experiencing visual problems at the VDU.
- Adequate breaks.
- Basic glasses if required solely for a VDU.
- Adequate Health & Safety training and assessments.
HD Business… the solution
- Full sights tests £15 – usually £25.
- VDU glasses £35.
- Zeiss anti scratch coated lenses as standard.
- Lenses to any single vision prescription.
- Lenses may be customised by employee.*
- Access to all our fabulous selection of frames & not just the ‘basic’ range.
* Any upgrades lens/ frame will be paid by the employee. The employer’s liability will be limited to £35 for a standard 1.5 single vision lens & frame combination.