As an employer what are our responsibilities?
An employer must provide:
- Regular eye examinations. Accurate prescriptions ensure the safety of the wearer.
- A risk assessment that determines all potential hazards e.g. Projectiles (wood, metal and concrete), Chemicals (fumes and splashes), Radiation (UV and infrared) and Dust (fine / coarse).
- Sufficient training to allow an employee to advise of any defects in current safety glasses e.g. scratches / cracks.
- Adequate appliance cleaning facilities.
- Supervision to ensure the employee complies with the risk assessment by wearing safety eyewear provide.
HD Business… the solution
- Full sight tests £15 – usually £25.
- Choice of BS EN166 approved products. Our products carry both British Standards kitemark and the European std of approval.
- Single vision, multifocal or bifocal lenses available.
- Choice of lens material.
- All material are class 1 suitable for permanent wear.
- Tints £20.
- UV £25.
- Photochromic £80.